SUPERVISOR OF GUIDANCE
1. Hold a New Jersey Certificate as Director of Counselor Services or a Director of
Student Personnel Services in accordance with the requirements of N.J.A.C. Title
2. Hold a Master’s degree in Guidance and Counseling or in one of the related Pupil
Services from an accredited college or university.
3. Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Guidance Counselor or
4. Have excellent service in the field of guidance and/or classroom teaching
5. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and the interpersonal skills to
relate well with students, staff, administrators, parent and the community.
6. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the components of a
comprehensive development, strategies for effective career, educational and
college planning, child growth and development, learning assessment and
remediation, research related to learning, and school and community resources
available to assist students and parents.
7. Meets the health qualifications required of all personnel.
8. Current residency in New Jersey, approved residency waiver or candidate
agrees to obtain residency within one year of employment.
9. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal
resident alien status.
Utilizing the skills of leadership, supervision and
administrative support and the available resources of the District and elsewhere to
achieve and maintain standards of excellence established by the Board of Education.
The Supervisor of Guidance shall direct, implement, supervise and evaluate a
comprehensive Guidance program. Further, the Supervisor of Guidance shall also serve
as the District Test Coordinator, 504 Coordinator and MTSS Coordinator.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
November 29, 2023
In accordance with contract negotiations
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Please Email Resume to Human Resources Account:
Cape May County Technical School District
188 Crest Haven Road
Cape May Court House, NJ 082l0
609 • 380 • 0200 ext. 604
Pursuant to NJSA 18A:6‑7.1 et seq., all employees of a public school district, or of an agent contracted by that district, who have regular contact with pupils, must submit to a criminal history background check.
The Cape May County Technical School District is an equal opportunity educational system. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital/civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability or socioeconomic status, in the administration of employment, contract practices, educational policies, student enrollment and admission policies, scholarships, loans, grants, and other school administered programs.