Admission process for the Cosmetology program opens in April/May of each year
Mandatory Cosmetology Entrance Exam – Register Here
*One Stop clients: TABE testing completed through One Stop
Exam fee: $15.00
Time: 10:00 am
The Cosmetology Program is approved by the NJ State Board of Cosmetology/Hairstyling and the NJ Department of Education and is specifically designed to prepare students to meet the NJ licensing requirements. This comprehensive 1,000+ hour program completely prepares you for the written and practical exams you need to pass to be granted a NJ license. Lecture, demonstration and hands-on application of skills/techniques comprise this exciting and lucrative career-oriented program. Styling, hair care, perms, barbering, coloring, waxing and facials as well as manicures and pedicures are all facets of the course of study. A professional toolkit and access to online exam prep is included in the tuition. Mid-course you will be applying your skills when the classroom becomes a working salon.
- High School diploma or equivalent (foreign transcripts must be evaluated and translated)
- Passing the TABE test
- 18 years of age or older by October 15th of the enrolling year
Skills and Topics covered are
- State laws, rules and regulations
- Skin care
- Hair care
- Color processing
- Hair statement
- Manicure and Pedicure
The Cosmetology/Hairstyling Program is a full time, ten-month program. The program is a twilight program with classroom hours Monday through Thursday, 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The 2017/2018 Cosmetology program is scheduled to begin in September 2017 and conclude June of 2018.
Cosmetology Candidates will need the following
- A copy of their Birth Certificate
- A copy of Marriage Certificate, or legal document supporting any name change from the Birth Certificate
- The tuition for the 2017-2018 class is $4,750.00. A payment plan is also available.
- Uniforms, textbooks and licensing fees are included in the tuition. Field trips are not covered in the tuition.
An initial deposit of $750.00 is required to reserve a seat in the program, once the candidate has been accepted. Tuition payments may be made in (6) installments. The first payment is due prior to the class start date.