All candidates must follow these steps in order to take a TASC test
Go to this website to create an account: TASC Test Website
You will be assigned a UUID which is important to keep for the future The State of NJ will request your UUID if you ever need a copy of your credentials, so this identifier should be recorded and available if needed.
Become familiar with the test by practicing using the online Tools Training provided by TASC TASC Online Tools Training
Testing Center Procedures
- Testing fees are as follows:
$20 per Subject Section, there are a total of 5 Subject Sections
First Two Retests for Any Single Subject Section - $10
Additional Retests: $20
- Testing fees are to be paid upon arrival on the day of testing. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. If paying in cash, please have the exact payment amount as we do not have change available.
- Examinees must abide by all school and test regulations. Failure to follow testing center rules will prompt immediate dismissal from the testing center, voiding any parts of the test already taken and forfeiting all test fees.
- No late entry into the testing room will be granted.
- If you need to cancel your testing session please do so by calling the testing center prior to testing at (609) 380-0200 ext. 648. Not doing so can jeopardize future testing.
- Any individual aged 16 or 17 and currently not enrolled in a public/private high school MUST have a parent or guardian present on the day of testing. Each person must present 2 forms of state issued identification. Minors will not be admitted into the testing room without a parent or guardian on site.
- No electronic devices, no food, no drinks, no hats/hoods, will be permitted into the testing room.
Eligibility for High School Equivalency Testing
- You must be a resident of New Jersey
- You must be at least 16* years old and officially withdrawn from school
- You have not graduated from an accredited high school or received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma
Special Accomodations - HS Equivalency Test
Qualified candidates may access the following online resources to download accommodation forms:
Forms for High School Equivalency Testing
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Certification of Non Enrollment in School
- Interstate Testing Request Form
Bring on Test Day
- Two forms of ID
- Photo ID (can be any of the following) NJ Driver’s license/ driving permit/state or county issued ID/recent NJ school ID/passport*
- Social Security Card or Taxpayer ID Card or Social Insurance Card
- If you are showing a US and foreign passport, you must also provide proof of NJ residency
- Proof of NJ Residency: Lease/Rent agreement, utility bill, bank statement, property tax receipt, federal income tax return. Documents must be current and display the applicant’s full name and NJ address
Additional information regarding Acceptable Forms of Identification
Cape May County Technical School Adult & Continuing Education Office
Room # 145
(609) 380 - 0200 Ext. 648
Access to Official Records and Official Transcript
All transcripts and records can be accessed through the State of New Jersey Department of Education’s Adult Education Office
The Cape May County Technical School District does not have access to any examinee’s official documentation.