During summer 2019, the Cape May County Technical School District will offer Credit Recovery Summer School classes to high school students through Educere, an online content provider. This 60-hour credit recovery program is open to high school students in Cape May County.
Credits can be awarded by following the instructions below:
- 1. The student’s home school district must submit a credit recovery approval letter, signed by the home district’s Superintendent or designee, to the Cape May County Technical School District Office of Guidance.
- 2. Once approved for credit recovery, students must register online at www.CapeMayTech.com
- 3. Attendance on campus is mandatory for all students enrolled in the online courses, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM during July 15, 2019 through August 15, 2019
- 4. When courses are successfully completed, home districts will be notified via US Mail by the Cape May County Technical School District Office of Guidance.
- • All courses offered will be delivered through Educere, an online provider, but student attendance on campus is mandatory. Students will work in a computer lab under certificated teacher supervision.
- • Absence is limited to 1 day only. Absences beyond 1 day will result in removal from courses.
- • A tardy of 30 minutes or more is considered an absence and the student is removed from the program with no refund. A tardy of less than 30 minutes, is marked as late. Two late arrivals will be considered an absence and the student is removed from the program with no refund.
- • Students must abide by school policy and student handbook rules, which will be provided on the first day of classes. Failure to comply with school policy may result in removal from courses with no refund.
- • Online courses are self-paced, and once successfully completed, student attendance on campus will not be required.
- • Students registered in Educere online courses, are limited to 2 courses through the Cape May County Technical School District.
- • Online course costs have a $50 facility fee registration, and a cost to Educere, per course.
- • The Educere fee and course selection list can be viewed here: 2019 Summer Credit Recovery Information
- 1. Registration is open June 24, 2019 through July 15, 2019 (the start of class)
- 2. Participants will register first with the District link for the $50 Facility Fee.
- 3. Participants will then need to register with Educere for the course selection.
- 4. Complete the registration process here: 2019 Summer Credit Recovery Registration
- • For assistance with Facility Registration, contact Alicia Arnold at 609-380-0241
- • For assistance with course selection, contact the Guidance office at 609-380-0200 ext. 631 or 637.
- • For assistance with Educere registration, contact Educere At 866-433-8237