Project Child Find
Special Education Parent Advisory Group
Child Study Team Services
The Child Study Team (CST) is a group of professionals employed by the Cape May Technical School Board to provide a variety of learning related services. These services include:
- consultation with parents, teachers, and other staff working with students struggling in the classroom
- evaluating students referred for special education services to determine if students are eligible
- prescriptive services to teachers and parents in regard to students who are experiencing school- related difficulties.
Who are the members of the Child Study Team?
The members of the Child Study Team as determined by the New Jersey Department of Education are a school psychologist, a learning disabilities-teacher consultant, a school social worker, and a speech-language pathologist (when appropriate).
What are the responsibilities of the School Psychologist?
The school psychologist has expertise in determining a child’s level of cognitive and conceptual development. In addition the psychologist is concerned with the emotional status of the student, and how both internal and external factors may affect behavior and performance in school. The school psychologist works with both general education and special education teachers to maximize a student’s potential. In certain situations, the psychologist may also provide counseling services.
What are the responsibilities of the Learning Disabilities-Teacher Consultant?
The learning consultant (LDT-C) is trained to determine the learning styles of students, to determine specific achievement levels in a variety of content areas, and to recommend specific teaching methods and strategies that may benefit a student. This professional is generally called upon to model specific strategies and methods that may benefit students.
What are the responsibilities of the School Social Worker?
The expertise of the social worker lies in assessing the student relative to the family, the school, and the community. This professional generally gathers information concerning the student’s health, family, and school history as it pertains to the student’s current school functioning. The social worker is also the professional responsible for coordinating community resources on behalf of students and their families. In certain situations, the social worker may also provide counseling services.
Child Study Team Contact Information:
Contact Person: Nichole Johnson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 609 • 380 • 0200 ex. 2802
- Hours: 7:30am - 3:30pm
Child Study Team Members
Sharon DeNafo: Supervisor
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 609 • 380 • 0200 ex. 293
Brittany Cascia: Learning Consultant(LDTC)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 609 • 380 • 0200 ex. 292
Gabrielle Salvatore Social Worker
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 609 • 380 • 0200 ex. 296
Carly Stranges: School Psychologist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 609 • 380 • 0200 ex. 291