Admission process for the Practical Nursing program opens in March and runs through August of each year.
Mandatory Practical Nursing Entrance Exam
REGISTER HERE FOR TEAS TESTING
*How to Prepare for the PN pre-entrance test
Exam fee: $88.00
- High School diploma or equivalent (foreign transcripts must be evaluated and translated)
- Passing the TEAS test. The district accepts TEAS scores taken up to two years prior to the Practical Nursing program start date.
- 18 years of age or older by October 15th of the enrolling year
The Practical Nursing program will provide a curriculum based on the holistic concept of patient care and will provide the students with the necessary knowledge to meet the requirements for licensing in the field of nursing. It will prepare the students to function as members of the health care team to recognize and meet the needs of people in their care. This course is accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing and the New Jersey Department of Education, and consists of both classroom and clinical experiences.
Anatomy & Physiology
Fundamentals of Nursing
Growth & Development
Mathematics for Nursing
Medical Surgical Nursing
Personal & Professional Relations
The Practical Nursing Program is a full time, 44 week, daytime program reserved for post secondary students. The program hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. The 2020-2021 Practical Nursing program is scheduled to begin in September, 2020 and conclude in August, 2021.
The in county tuition for the 2020-2021 class is $9,200.00. Tuition may be paid in installments as follows:
- August 1, 2020 $1,150.00
- September 1, 2020 $1,150.00
- October 1, 2020 $1,150.00
- November 1, 2020 $1,150.00
- December 1, 2020 $1,150.00
- January 1, 2021 $1,150.00
- February 1, 2021 $1,150.00
- March 1, 2021 $1,150.00
Uniforms, textbooks and testing fees are included in the tuition. Field trips are not covered in the tuition.