Admission process for the Cosmetology program is open
Mandatory Cosmetology Entrance Exam
The Post Secondary Cosmetology Program is approved by the NJ State Board of Cosmetology/Hairstyling and the NJ Department of Education and is specifically designed to prepare students to meet the NJ licensing requirements. This comprehensive 1,000+ hour program completely prepares you for the written and practical exams you need to pass to be granted a NJ license. Lecture, demonstration and hands-on application of skills/techniques comprise this exciting and lucrative career-oriented program. Styling, hair care, perms, barbering, coloring, waxing and facials as well as manicures and pedicures are all facets of the course of study. A professional toolkit and access to online exam prep is included in the tuition. Mid-course you will be applying your skills when the classroom becomes a working salon.
- High School diploma or equivalent (foreign transcripts must be evaluated and translated)
- Passing the CASAS test
- 18 years of age or older by October 15th of the enrolling year
* Please check with the licensing agency to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications for licensure in your field.
Skills and Topics covered are
- State laws, rules and regulations
- Skin care
- Hair care
- Color processing
- Hair statement
- Manicure and Pedicure
The Cosmetology/Hairstyling Program is a full time, ten-month program. The program is a twilight program with classroom hours Monday through Thursday, 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The Cosmetology program is scheduled to begin in September and conclude June.
Cosmetology Candidates will need the following
- A copy of their Birth Certificate
- A copy of Marriage Certificate, or legal document supporting any name change from the Birth Certificate
Call for current tuition prices. Payment plans are available. Tuition Grants are avalibale through the One-Stop Career Center